The sistersof our Lady of Calvary
The sisters of Our Lady of Calvary are intimately linked to Gramat…Father Bonhomme wanted to respond to the needs of his time and help people in great distress and to do this, he built a hospice…
He had to find a place, and also people devoted to the service of the sick, elderly and children.
Who at that time could devote themselves to the poor and suffering? Sisters!
Today, the sisters of OLC have rediscovered their roots in the mother house of Gramat, the “cradle of the congregation”, with Blessed Father Bonhomme and the founders, Hortense Pradel (Mother Thérèse) and her sister Adèle.
Some sisters left for Latin America: 1906 in Brazil and 1907 in Argentina; in Africa: 1959 in the Ivory Coast, 1991 in Guinea Conakry and 2007 in Burkina Faso. In Asia the sisters went to the Philippines in 1999, and Vietnam in 2009. The congregation continues to develop in France.
For all the sisters throughout the world,
the House of Gramat remains the “source” place where the whole Calvarian family (lay and religious)
is happy to meet to deepen the spirituality that animates it and share its ever-renewed charisma in very different realities.